By following this short manual you will quickly get your sensors online. Or watch the installation video below! Take the hardware out of the box and follow the steps to install your hardware:
1. Install the Gateway - bring your wireless network online
1.1 Plug the Gateway into a power supply and working ethernet socket
1.2 Place the Laird antenna vertically as high as possible
1.3 Check in the platform if the Gateway is online after few minutes:
1.3.1 Login the platform
1.3.2 Go to Sensors by clicking on the main menu
1.3.3 Check if the Gateway has the status online
1.4 Gateway still offline? Check Troubleshooting the 30MHz gateway
2. Install the sensors - Start measuring your crop
2.1 Place the sensors where you want to measure
2.2 Check if the sensors are online after a few minutes, use the method in step 1.3
2.3 Sensors offline? Bring your sensor closer to the Gateway or install a repeater (step 3)
3. Install the repeaters - Extend your wireless network
3.1 Place the repeater in between the Gateway and a sensor
3.2 Plug into a power supply and place the Laird antenna vertically as high as possible
3.3 Check if the repeater shows status ok by using the method described in step 1.3
3.4 Repeater offline? Bring the repeaters closer to the Gateway
- While installing the sensors, check the Sensors page to see if the sensors are online. If the sensor is online, realtime data will be shown as status at the Sensors page.
- At the Sensors page, you are able to see the Online % of the sensor calculated from the last hour. You should optimize your network range if a sensor online percentage is underneath 98%. Is your online percentage above 98%? Amazing! You are ready to measure.
All devices online? All right, you can start measuring! Now it's time to visualise your data in the platform.