When you have a 3G enabled gateway the following steps are needed before it is online. You will need a pin-free sim card, or you will have to remove the pincode using a phone. Pay attention to how you insert the sim card so that it is in the right direction.
- Make sure that your provider has 2G/3G coverage on the location that you intend to install the gateway.
- Disable the sim pincode (insert the sim in a phone and use the phone interface)
- Make sure the sim still has a data bundle.
- Open the gateway lid by unscrewing the four bolts on the top.
- Put the sim card in the 3G dongle.
- Make sure that the 3G dongle is connected.
- Put the lid back and firmly fasten the four bolts.
- Power on the gateway, within a couple of minutes your gateway should come online in the dashboard.
The 3G gateway can be used on ethernet as well, but in that case, the 3G dongle should be removed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.